Click a topic between the stars to find more information:
About the LeagueJoin the LeagueContact us
About the League
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan, multi-issue, grassroots political organization whose goal is to encourage informed, active citizen participation in government. The League influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The Westwood-Walpole League runs a number of programs through the year. Check our home page for information about upcoming events. Email us for more information about our services and activities. Check our team for more information about how we are organized.
The League of Women Voters is:
- One of the most respected and trusted public service organizations in the nation.
- A grassroots, nonpartisan, and multi-issue organization.
- Dedicated to promoting informed and active citizen participation.
- Committed to keeping our democracy strong.
- Active on all three levels of government: national, state, and local
The League takes action! We:
- Influence public policy through education and lobbying.
- Register citizens to vote.
- Hold public forums.
- Maintain a year-round telephone voter information service.
- Sponsor candidate debates.
- Monitor government activities from city councils and school boards to state legislatures and U.S. Congress.
- Print timely publications on local, state, and national issues.
- Have a long history of activism. In the year 2000 the League turned 80!
The League is unique:
- Although political, the League is strictly nonpartisan.
- The League never supports or opposes candidates or political parties.
JOIN THE LEAGUE TODAY!
To receive membership information, please email us your name and mailing address. We will send you information about state League membership and/or put you in touch with the local League in your area.
READ ABOUT LWV DECADES OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
LINK TO THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF THE UNITED STATES
Many of the documents and publications available on this website are published as .pdf files. To view a .pdf file, you will need to have the Acrobat reader. This is available as a free download from Adobe.com.